Cheddar cheese scones with Chive Butter. These are best tasting when they are fresh out of the oven, they are so good! I mixed butter with chives and salt to spread in between these amazing scones.
3 Cups Self Raising Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Salt
60g Butter, cold
200g Cheddar Cheese, grated
1½ Cups Buttermilk
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES DIRECTIONS :
1. Preheat oven to 200 C and prepare a baking tray by greasing with non-stick spray.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt.
3. Cut butter into cubes then add to the flour mixture, using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add the grated Cheese and stir to combine.
5. Add the Buttermilk and form into a dough, you may need to add more Buttermilk to form the dough.
6. Knead the dough on a floured surface and roll out to a thickness of about 3 cm.
7. Cut the scones using a cookie cutter or a tumbler glass that has been lightly floured, place cut out scones on a baking tray.
8. Brush additional buttermilk to the tops of the scones and sprinkle additional cheese to decorate.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes until scones have risen and are a golden colour.
10. Enjoy Cheddar cheese scones.