Here’s what happens when you combine hearty beef goulash with cheesy pasta bake – it’ll be on high rotation before you know it.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- 70g (1/4 cup) tomato paste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 80ml (1/3 cup) red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 750ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 250g dried rigatoni pasta
- 100g (1 cup) grated 3 cheese blend
- Fresh continental parsley leaves, to serve
- Select all ingredients
3 Method Steps
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180/160 fan forced. Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm baking dish.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute to coat. Stir in the paprika for 30 seconds.
- Step 3Add the wine to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced slightly. Add the tomato, stock, rosemary and bay leaves. Season. Pour half the mixture into the prepared dish. Stir in the dried pasta and then pour in the remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the pasta is tender. Stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.