Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Gravy
I am a huge fan of crockpot meals, especially this time of year. I don’t know about you, but I am really busy during the holiday season. The last thing I want to worry about is dinner. This recipe is super easy and tastes great. Chicken slow-cooked in chicken gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth. Serve the shredded chicken over rice and dinner is done. I used Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, and dinner was ready in less than 5 minutes after walking in the door! Can’t beat that any time of year!
How To Make Chicken & Gravy in the Crockpot
This Crockpot Chicken & Gravy is SUPER easy to make. Simply place the chicken in the slow cooker, Season the chicken with salt and pepper. I sometimes use garlic salt or seasoned salt instead of plain salt. Once the chicken is seasoned on both sides, whisk together the gravy packets and soup. Pour the soup over the chicken and cook.
Once the chicken is cooked, shred it with two forks right in the slow cooker. We like to serve the chicken over white rice. Feel free to use cooked brown rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles. Heck, you could even serve this over some Texas toast for a chicken & gravy sandwich. If you are eating gluten-free, I think this would be great over cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash.
I used chicken gravy mix. Feel free to use any packet of gravy mix you prefer. If you want a thinner gravy, add about ½ to 1 cup of water or chicken broth to the soup mixture. Adding some water/chicken broth is a great way to stretch the gravy. The slow cooker gravy is the BEST part of the whole recipe!
CROCKPOT CHICKEN & GRAVY
Slow Cooker Chicken & Gravy – only 3 ingredients!! Such a great weeknight meal! Just dump everything in the crockpot and let it work its magic! Serve over hot steamed rice with some green beans. SO easy and kid-friendly too!
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (0.87-oz) envelopes of chicken gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth, optional
- hot steamed rice
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Whisk together soup, gravy mix, and water (if using). Pour over chicken.
- Cover crock-pot and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving break the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Serve over hot steamed rice.
- Do NOT make the gravy. You are only using the dry mix.
- Can use chicken thighs or tenderloins in place of chicken breasts.
- Can use frozen chicken breasts.
- You will need to cook on the higher end of the cooking time if using frozen chicken.
- Can add frozen vegetables to the mixture.
- To lower the sodium, use Healthy Choice Cream of Chicken Soup and Lower Sodium Chicken Gravy Mix.
- Here is our recipe for Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup:
- Here is our recipe for Homemade Chicken Broth: