MIDWEEK BAKED DOUGHNUTS. If you’re new to this kitchen, firstly welcome and grab a stool! You should know that we make loads of doughnuts here. Most of the doughnuts made here are baked because it’s healthier (and remember, I make loads of them!). You can use a doughnut tray and doughnut maker to make these. I got a bit of bleeding on my sprinkles. Unfortunately, there’s no way to fix this but to avoid this, you can allow the icing to dry more before adding the.
200g Cake Flour
125g White Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Milk
50g Melted Butter
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Large Egg
MIDWEEK BAKED DOUGHNUTS METHOD:
1. Oven: Preheat oven to 180 C and prepare doughnut pans by spraying with non-stick spray. Doughnut maker: Preheat doughnut-maker for 5 minutes prior to baking doughnuts.
2. In a large bowl, add the cake flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix the dry ingredients together using a whisk.
3. Add milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and the egg to the dry ingredients and whisk together until well combined. The batter should be thick and smooth.
4. Add batter to doughnut pans or doughnut maker and bake for either 15 minutes in the oven or 3 minutes in the doughnut maker. Doughnut should be golden brown.
5. Allow to cool before decorating.
6. For Icing Sugar coating: Mix together ½ Cup of Icing Sugar with 2 Teaspoons of Warm Milk, whisk together and add pink food colouring. Dip doughnuts to coat tops. I used food colouring gel.
7. ENJOY MIDWEEK BAKED DOUGHNUTS.