Poppy seed chicken casserole is a comforting, delicious casserole that is perfect for a cozy night in or for serving to a crowd. It’s a delicious and easy-to-make comfort food that is sure to become a new favorite.
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Poppy seed chicken is a comforting, delicious casserole that is perfect for a cozy night in or for serving to a crowd. This classic dish is made with just a few simple ingredients tossed together and all baked together in a casserole dish.
- 5 cups Chicken cooked, shredded
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan shredded
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds heaping
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Pepper to taste
- 2 sleeves Ritz Crackers
- 1 stick Butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, poppy seeds, parmesan cheese, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the poppy seed casserole mixture to a greased 9×13-inch casserole dish and smooth out the top.
- Crush two sleeves of Ritz crackers over the casserole in an even layer, then pour the melted butter evenly over top of the cracker topping.
- Bake the casserole for 30-35 minutes, or until it is hot and bubbly.
- Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve as is, or on top of a bed of rice!
Storage and Reheating Notes
This dish is best when enjoyed fresh but can be reheated for delicious leftovers!
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS: To reheat, place the leftovers in a small microwave dish and warm in 30-40 second increments until fully heated through. (pro-tip: if you have an air fryer, you can put the leftover poppyseed casserole in an oven safe baking dish that fits in your basket and cook for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees F until warmed through. This is a great way to make cracker topping crispy again!)
Serving: 6g | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.05g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1028mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 618IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 2mg