Scones 🤩 what are you having for breakfast this morning? These will go perfectly with yesterday’s ginger beer 😂.
The recipe below will make 8-10 scones.
2 Cups Cake Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Sugar
125g Unsalted Butter (cold)
1 Large Egg
100ml Plain Yoghurt
3 Tbsp Water
1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Prepare a baking tray by spraying with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl sift the Cake Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Sugar. Mix together with a whisk.
3. Cut the butter into smaller blocks and add to bowl. Rub butter into flour mixture until the flour resembles breadcrumbs.
4. In a small bowl, add the egg, yoghurt and water. Whisk together until we’ll combined.
5. Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and mix together lightly with your fingers.
6. Flour a surface and turn the dough onto it. Shape gently and pat down to your preferred size.
7. Cut out the scone shapes using a floured cookie cutter or knife.
8. Bake for 15 minutes until turning golden.