Perfect as a snack or for breakfast.
- 100ml (3.4 fl.oz) warm water;
- 100g (3.4 oz) flour;
- 18g (0.6 oz) sugar;
- 10g (0.3 oz) fresh yeast;
- 500g (1 pound) flour;
- 100g (3.4 oz) sugar;
- 70g (2.3 oz) butter, melted;
- ½ cup warm milk;
- 1 egg;
- 1 egg white;
- Room temperature butter for layering;
- Egg wash.
1.Dissolve sugar and crumbled yeast in warm water. Add flour and stir to form a sticky dough. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Whisk sugar, with butter, egg and an egg white. Add yeast paste and leftover flour. Knead until smooth dough forms.
3. Set the dough aside for 1hour.
4. Roll out the dough to form a rectangle. Cut it into 5-6 strips and brush each one with room temperature butter.
5. Layer strips on top of one another and re-roll into a rectangle again.
6. Slice into triangles and roll croissants as shown in the video. Set aside in warmth for at least 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
7. Brush with egg wash and bake at 180C/350F for 20 minutes.
8 . Enjoy your super soft croissants.