This ULTIMATE Chicken Casserole is loaded with flavor! Tender noodles, shredded chicken, bacon, corn, and more!
I know, I know….you’re probably thinking…”not another casserole”, right?! But trust me, you don’t want to pass this one up! Even my “non casserole loving” husband loved it!
Last week, I was in one of those moods where I just did NOT want to think about dinner. Being mom however, I needed to throw something together!
After rummaging through my freezer and finding a bag of pre-cooked, shredded chicken….I opted to go the casserole route! Simple, flavorful, kid-friendly, and typically….enough leftovers for the next day!
As I was tossing ingredients together, my hubby came into the kitchen asking what I was making. After realizing I was making a casserole, he wasn’t thrilled, but cautiously optimistic.
To give a bit of background to his dislike of casseroles, back when my kids were babies, I made casserole just about every night. Leftovers were for lunch the next day, so needless to say…we all got a bit burned out!
Over the years, I have gone away from making daily casseroles and now, I make them every now and then. Good ol’ comfort food! My hubby still hasn’t declared himself a fan of casseroles, but with this one….he had TWO helpings!
Not only was it flavorful, but this ULTIMATE Chicken Casserole can be a meal in one! Corn, pasta, and chicken…plus, bacon! What more can you want, right?!
Whether you’re serving as a dinner, or making for another friend/family….I definitely recommend giving this a try! We enjoyed leftovers for lunch the next day and it was just as tasty reheated!
- 2 cups of cooked egg noodles
- 2 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups of corn (you can use fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 10oz cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- ½ cup of shredded cheese (I use cheddar, but any cheese will do)
- ¾ cup of french-fried onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Ultimate Chicken Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven is preheating, grease a 9 by 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cooked egg noodles, shredded chicken, corn, milk, cream of chicken soup, onion, garlic, cheese (add extra if you like it extra cheesy!) bacon, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the chicken mixture into your greased pan.
- When the oven is preheated, place the pan into the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve the ultimate chicken warm and enjoy!