- °¼ cup vegetable oil
- °3 medium russet potatoes, peeled
- °1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- °Salt and pepper to taste
- +Optional add-on:
- °½ teaspoon garlic powder
- °1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- °1 tablespoon (3g) chives, chopped
Step 1: Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a sauté pan or cast iron skillet. Then add the potatoes and onions to the heated oil carefully. Also add salt and pepper to taste. Garlic powder and red pepper flakes should follow.
Step 2: Cook, turning frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes and onions are golden brown and tender. Cover the pan if desired to facilitate cooking and generate a creamier texture.
Step 3: Drain excess oil on a paper towel lined dish for a few minutes, then sprinkle with chives and serve!